Tuesday, November 29, 2005

my time here is winding down

Hey all,

Well, this is the last week of teaching. Our speaker is Wilhem originally from South Africa, but has been living in Holland for quite some time now (he is married to a Dutchie). He is speaking on Missions and has so many incredible stories that you want to swear he makes half of them up. He is a no-nonsense kind of guy who gives it to us straight. I really like and respect that.
Next week is called Baffa Baffa or something like that. I have no idea what exactly that means, but I do know it will be devoted to preparing us for outreach. It is known as a fun and challenging week, so I look forward to it.

Here is some sad news:
Two of our students--Brittni and Annie (both from US, both 18, and both from Michigan...but they didn't know each other before this DTS) are not able to go on outreach for various reasons. We are so sad to lose some of our members, but it must be. Please pray that God will guide them in what He has for their futures...especially their immediate futures.

I am getting more and more excited for outreach as I learn more details about where we are going and what we will be doing.
Today during Intercession time, we learned about and prayed for the Uiger people in Urimchi, China. They will be our primary ministry focus while we are in China. They are originally from Mongolia and look very little like the ethnic Chinese. They speak Arabic and have an entirely different food and music culture from the Chinese, too.
I will let you know more about the other countries and ministries another day...this entry is geting so lengthy.

Tomorrow is my last day of ministry in the Red Light District. Please pray that God would use me as He wills and that I would be open to what He is speaking to me.

LOve you all. Hey, and thanks to all who sent me birthday greetings in forms of emails, packages, and letters. I think I have received everything that people told me they would send...my birthday was so wonderful and special!
~Michelle/moosh/Hannah

No comments: