shot up with vaccines that is. I got three today: typhoid, DTP, and Hep A. I should be good to go for a while now. The doctor who gave us the shots was so funny. He put out one arm straight almost like he was trying to aim a dart then took the little syringe in his other hand, walked a couple steps to my arm and-BAM- in and out faster than any shot I've ever had. And completely painless, too! Nice.
My friend Elina got one of her wisdom teeth pulled this morning. She was so scared last night she didn't even want to go to sleep. Poor girl. She is fine right now though. She hardly has any swelling and she gets to eat lots of her favorite food ever=ice cream. When she gets really tired, we all love to laugh at her because her English gets all confused with Finnish. We say she is speaking Finglish. She is kind of like that today since she is all drugged up. I love when she is all Finglish.
I bought some boots for outreach today. Sue (from Canada) and I went to the main tourist shopping street to this big sports store that is having Sinterklaus sales. We found these huge ole snow boot things. They look like the kind that you tromped around in when you were a kid=you know, tall and spongy. We were laughing so hard in the store while trying them on. Then we actually bought them! They were only 20 euros, so we couldn't pass them up. So, yea, those are my shoes for the next 3 months. I hope they are culturally sensitive because mine are bright red! I am laughing even now thinking about wearing them for 3 months. But we need to be warm! That is the most important thing.
I also bought some nice, thick ski socks to wear in them. When we are in Beijing I will buy some little Chinese slippers to wear when we are in houses and at church. I think I will also buy some house slippers to wear while in the trains. Other than that, I think I am good to go now on what I need for outreach.
have a good day amigos!
Friday, December 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment