I went to the Rijks Museum today. I have been trying to get there for the past 5 weekends, but something has always delayed it.
I wasn't too interested in seeing anything other than Rembrandt's works, but the museum is absolutely huge so it is inevitable to look at other things. I was pleasantly surprised by some of the other artists. Particularly Jan Steen and some of Vermeer.
Me and 3 others went by bike, and, as usual, one of the bikes broke down. Leo and I ended up walking back to his bike after we left the museum and then walking the bike back to De Poorte (building where I live). It was a very lovely day, so I didn't mind the walk at all. In fact, it quite reminded me of why I love this city so much.
Last night was Armondo's (our base director) wife's birthday party at Dwazezaken Cafe (the cafe owned by YWAM). I had a good time just hanging out w/ some people from the base that I normally don't get to see too often. Tribal Roots (the guys from Barbados) band played and they are so entertaining. Not only do they have good stage presence, but the music is like this islandy raggae rock fusion stuff that is a lot of fun to listen to.
I will go to Zolder 50 (or Attic 50) tonight for church. I have been going there since I got here. They have evening services and the praise and woship is incredible. I usually ride a bike so we will see if we can actually get there w/o someone breaking down on the way!
hmm...this is all for now. I am off to my potato bar dinner. Love you!
Sunday, November 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey,
I DO love a lot of art...just the other Dutch masters did not impress me like Rembrandt does...I will see a ton of stuff on outreach (at least I hope I do...we are visiting nearly 12 countries so we will see).
love you pizzaboy!
Post a Comment