we had a second time of ministry on Orchard Road on Monday night.
Usually when it rains here it is in the afternoon and again at night, but on Monday it was all day pouring down. When it came time for us to leave for the ministry, we decided to go despite the weather. The rain stopped for awhile, but after we began our program (this time it was an hour long compared to the half hour we had done before) the heavens opened up the floodgates again. At the end of the program is the Bambalayla (for those of you not familiar with the YWAM Amsterdam favorite, I apologize but there is no explanation). At this point it was raining the hardest yet but we decided to embrace the fun and ran out to dance in the rain. The locals were able to enjoy a highly entertaining group of 28 foreigners dancing and splashing about in a lamplit pavilion in the middle of a shopping area. A few even dared to join us.
Despite the weather, some locals did come over to us to talk and receive prayer. Overall, it was a smashing success.
Yesterday we visited a prison. After the program we set up for them, we had an hour of talking one-on-one. During the performance I spied out the boy (all of them were aged between 18 and about 23) I wanted to talk to. He was quite shy but wanted to answer all my questions. He was such a sweet and gentle kid who I thoroughly enjoyed talking to and praying with. I know I will be praying for him for a long time coming.
Tonight we visited an artsy sub-culture hangout. They meet in one of the few places that the Singapore government allows free reign for youth. They gather in the basement of a building to practice dances (lots of hip-hop and breakdancing), bmx tricks, skating, in-line skating, and sword (with sticks) fighting. The dancers in our group did their dance and also mingled with the other dancers to dance with them and talk. Anniina (finnish student) and I were the only ones who wanted to paint, so we bought some supplies then went outside (big gathering place) to paint. I painted a design then painted the text to a poem I wrote over the design. An Indian man approached us and we were able to talk with him for quite some time. In the end he had so many questions still, so I gave introduced him to one of the Singapore ywam staff so they can meet up another time.
I would love to hear from any of you, so please keep the emails coming.
good night!
Usually when it rains here it is in the afternoon and again at night, but on Monday it was all day pouring down. When it came time for us to leave for the ministry, we decided to go despite the weather. The rain stopped for awhile, but after we began our program (this time it was an hour long compared to the half hour we had done before) the heavens opened up the floodgates again. At the end of the program is the Bambalayla (for those of you not familiar with the YWAM Amsterdam favorite, I apologize but there is no explanation). At this point it was raining the hardest yet but we decided to embrace the fun and ran out to dance in the rain. The locals were able to enjoy a highly entertaining group of 28 foreigners dancing and splashing about in a lamplit pavilion in the middle of a shopping area. A few even dared to join us.
Despite the weather, some locals did come over to us to talk and receive prayer. Overall, it was a smashing success.
Yesterday we visited a prison. After the program we set up for them, we had an hour of talking one-on-one. During the performance I spied out the boy (all of them were aged between 18 and about 23) I wanted to talk to. He was quite shy but wanted to answer all my questions. He was such a sweet and gentle kid who I thoroughly enjoyed talking to and praying with. I know I will be praying for him for a long time coming.
Tonight we visited an artsy sub-culture hangout. They meet in one of the few places that the Singapore government allows free reign for youth. They gather in the basement of a building to practice dances (lots of hip-hop and breakdancing), bmx tricks, skating, in-line skating, and sword (with sticks) fighting. The dancers in our group did their dance and also mingled with the other dancers to dance with them and talk. Anniina (finnish student) and I were the only ones who wanted to paint, so we bought some supplies then went outside (big gathering place) to paint. I painted a design then painted the text to a poem I wrote over the design. An Indian man approached us and we were able to talk with him for quite some time. In the end he had so many questions still, so I gave introduced him to one of the Singapore ywam staff so they can meet up another time.
I would love to hear from any of you, so please keep the emails coming.
good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment