Friday, December 15, 2006

the story of the bags

I have just a few minutes left on my computer time so I will write like a whirlwind and spit out what I can in these next few minutes.
I missed some of class yesterday due to being at the embassy and came back just at the end. I immediately felt the presence of God in the room. It was time for a break but I could not bring myself to leave. Several others also stayed to just pray. I did not even know what was said but felt compelled to pray.
Part of what I had missed was some information that a lady who was not in Singapore and who did not know we were coming had called the base (she knows someone here) and told them that God had told her a base from Amsterdam would need some bags that she had and that she would send them for us. wow.
We (team leaders) were asked to pray with our teams to find out what team should get them. As our team got together, there were a few students who felt like they cannot hear from God and were uncertain about the whole thing. We encouraged them to just try it. After we each prayed silently, we had a time of sharing. The funny thing was when we got to the students who were skeptical, they were like "well I don't hear at all from God and I don't know if I can believe He speaks to me, but..." and then they shared some amazingly detailed pictures or words they got. It was so fun to see that happen, though they still have some doubts. They will come around to understanding more about hearing from God the more they draw close to Him and speak to Him.
It ended up that our team and the Cambodian team both felt like the bags (we do not know how many or what is in them) are not for us and the China team felt like they were for them! None of our teams had shared about what we heard about the bags until today, so we did not influence one another. perfect. Goes to show that God definitely is speaking to us about even small details here.
On sunday we will go to a church located near a main shopping street, so I assume the rest of our Holy Sabbath will be spent fulfilling the lust for materialism. ha ha ha : )
Next sunday our teams will go to churches according to what outreach country we are going to (china team to chinese church, cambodia team to Cambodian church, etc...).
We will be given 10 minutes to share with the church our vision and what we will be doing and then after the service, the church will commission us. nice.
We are still taking language and culture lessons here. Today we learned an original Christian Indonesian song. We are told that when it is sung, almost all Indonesians know it and that some deep passions that they do not normally display comes out. I felt a strong rush of the Spirit over me as we all sang it. It is a beautiful song and I am excited to share with the people in that way. We hope they are blessed that we actually want to sing it to them and participate in their culture with them in that way.
more from me later....love you all!

No comments: