Two Saturdays ago was the annual Amsterdam Gay Pride Parade. The unique thing about this parade is that the floats are atop boats that go through the city center. Our school did an outreach where we handed out roses with scriptures attached to people we felt drawn to give them to. I was really, really looking forward to doing this outreach, but had to stay at home for most of the morning working on editing the English grammar for a technical paper written by my brother-in-law's colleage. It was due on the following Monday and I had to get it back to him that day so he could make the final alterations.
Bas and I did go for the last hour of the parade, and it was every bit as extravagant as would be expected for such an occaision. The students gave testimonies of their time and were really encouraged by how well some of their conversations went.
Bas leaves on Sunday to teach at a DTS in Finland this coming week. Funny thing is that my friend from Finland will be coming to stay with me that week. I don't have to be alone this time!
Next week will be the Amsterdam outreach for our students. Every day, we will be going into the city center and evangelizing through prayer outreach (standing on Dam Square and having a prayer station for people to approach), going to a homeless shelter, arts ministry, music/worship, and even by having "Free Hugs" signs at Central Station (to promote converstation)!
I am excited to see what all will happen.
We will round off the week with a 24hour (students in shifts) time of prayer and worship at the Tabernacle of the Nations (the 24hour house of prayer that YWAM has started here).
I will keep you all posted on how it goes.
xoxo!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I always love reading about your adventures! I will certainly keep you in my prayers.
Your old ORU friend,
Deanna
Post a Comment