Friday, August 25, 2006

A Whole New Netherlands World

We (DTS staff along w/ Rebekah who is going to be w/ the January DTS but is already here on the base) went to Heidebeek for 4 days. Heidebeek is the name of the other YWAM base in The Netherlands and is located in the beautiful Dutch countryside.
It was a lovely and peaceful time.

We received staff training from a man from a YWAM base in England. It was good, solid teaching. I was surprised by how applicable it all is...I feel like the time was well worth it, and it was so nice to get to know the Heidebeek staff as well....though they did beat us at volleyball. But I blame that on the fact that I was not able to help our team. I had to sit out after the first game due to a wardrobe malfunction=the long skirt I was wearing that day, started to split at the bottom. I figured it was wisdom to stop right then :)

Last night our team got together to pray for students who are experiencing trouble getting visas or who has expressed doubts about coming...as we prayed the atmosphere became more and more dense...the Spirit was just so strong. We began to personally call out to Jesus and tell Him how much we need Him then the Presence was so strong that we could only be in silence for some time. I was so encouraged to know that these people that I was praying w/ were people so hungry for God and that we will be together for the coming months=beautiful. exciting. perfect.

I must say that as much as I like being out in the country, I missed the city and am happy to be back now. I will spend this weekend sleeping.
Next week, we will pray more for the students and begin contacting them to help them get things ready to come and answer any questions, etc...
On Friday we will go boating on Richard's (dts staff from Netherlands) praam-I have no idea what a praam is but I will let you know as soon as I find out. Also, we will have bbq at his parent's house...he just let his parents know today that we are all coming...he has been telling us about this outing for over a week now :)

Oh, and let me fill you in on the staff now that we are complete. We are:
Bas (dts leader from Netherlands), Kimberly (netherlands but ethinically Surinamese), Reinier and Rianne (3 months pregnant married couple from Netherlands), Richard (netherlands), Martine and Gwen (Gwen is the guy...engaged couple from Reunion Island-French province. They speak the island language which is a mix of 3 languages as well as speaking French and English), and me!
It is a good team. I love us already!

No comments: