here is what is happening here this week for me:
Yesterday, we went through all the student applications and shared what we knew about the students to try to get to know them a bit before they even get here. We then spent time in prayer to divide them into groups of 5 for us to contact them by phone this week. I will be answering any questions they may have and letting them know what we have been doing in preparation for their arrival as well as praying for any concerns/difficulties (such as visas) they may be experiencing.
Yesterday, we went through all the student applications and shared what we knew about the students to try to get to know them a bit before they even get here. We then spent time in prayer to divide them into groups of 5 for us to contact them by phone this week. I will be answering any questions they may have and letting them know what we have been doing in preparation for their arrival as well as praying for any concerns/difficulties (such as visas) they may be experiencing.
Today we met for a couple hours to just pray for them and also for us as staff...I got the impression that 2 Chronicles 7:14 (look it up) was for us and them. I feel like that as we serve them by praying for them, that we will be able to see God work through our prayers by healing their "land." Martine (from Reunion Isle) got a similar impression. She said that she believes God is really going to work through us-that it is not us that are reaching the students on our own account, but it is Christ through us. And that is what I believe about our prayers. It's not us praying that will touch the students, but it is the power of God that is released when we pray and believe (as His Word clearly states).
So that is this week. Bas is in England getting some good staff training I hope. He will be back on Thursday sometime.
Just in time for Friday which is when we get to go to...uh, I forgot the name of the city, but it is where the massive flower auction is held.
Richard's (Dutchie) parents live there and he has a boat called a praam (I have no idea what it is, but will let you know as soon as I do) on which we will go boating. We will also have a BBQ (coming from Kansas City, I am most curious by what the Dutch mean by BBQ) at his parents house. I am excited about this little excursion.
So that is this week. Bas is in England getting some good staff training I hope. He will be back on Thursday sometime.
Just in time for Friday which is when we get to go to...uh, I forgot the name of the city, but it is where the massive flower auction is held.
Richard's (Dutchie) parents live there and he has a boat called a praam (I have no idea what it is, but will let you know as soon as I do) on which we will go boating. We will also have a BBQ (coming from Kansas City, I am most curious by what the Dutch mean by BBQ) at his parents house. I am excited about this little excursion.
Then, this weekend, Leo (Dutch guy from my dts) will be coming to De Poort (name of the building where I live) to visit me, Kimberly, and Bas (we were all together last September for dts=Discipleship Training School for those of you who have forgotten).
Oh, and today a student (Dutch) showed up on the base and wanted to look around. It was really fun to already meet one of them. Especially since the base is getting more and more empty right now (this is where the echo part of my subject line comes in). There are MANY people leaving the base right now, and I shed a tear this morning for my dear friends Amanda and Brian who left for The States. The people that I associated with as staff for YWAM Amsterdam during my dts are rapidly changing. Please pray that the right people will come in to fill this base as it should be. It is hard to say all the goodbyes...it is a well-known YWAM sorrow that goodbyes are often, but the part that is supposed to cheer you up is that we have friends all over the world due to all the people we meet and become friends with...that does cheer me a bit but does not make the goodbyes any easier for now.
I am excited for what people will come in. These two years is a time God has set aside for me to be here...I want to be all here and fully live the community at De Poort.
Yeah, so I appreciate your prayers for our base in this way...
alright, so some of you read these blogs faithfully--thanks. But, uhh, how about sending me an update on yourself? I was surprised when I got home last time and so many of you said how much you loved getting my updates...yeah, well, me too!
so come on, and tell me what is going on--or better yet, send me some REAL mail=calling all letter writers!
love you all! More later. ~Michelle
Oh, and today a student (Dutch) showed up on the base and wanted to look around. It was really fun to already meet one of them. Especially since the base is getting more and more empty right now (this is where the echo part of my subject line comes in). There are MANY people leaving the base right now, and I shed a tear this morning for my dear friends Amanda and Brian who left for The States. The people that I associated with as staff for YWAM Amsterdam during my dts are rapidly changing. Please pray that the right people will come in to fill this base as it should be. It is hard to say all the goodbyes...it is a well-known YWAM sorrow that goodbyes are often, but the part that is supposed to cheer you up is that we have friends all over the world due to all the people we meet and become friends with...that does cheer me a bit but does not make the goodbyes any easier for now.
I am excited for what people will come in. These two years is a time God has set aside for me to be here...I want to be all here and fully live the community at De Poort.
Yeah, so I appreciate your prayers for our base in this way...
alright, so some of you read these blogs faithfully--thanks. But, uhh, how about sending me an update on yourself? I was surprised when I got home last time and so many of you said how much you loved getting my updates...yeah, well, me too!
so come on, and tell me what is going on--or better yet, send me some REAL mail=calling all letter writers!
love you all! More later. ~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment