I was just about to go out of De Poort (building I live in) yesterday when Rebecca (another staff member) stopped me to ask if I was going to The Cleft (ywam building in the heart of the Red Light district).
I had not heard what was going on and she told me that the visiting Hawaii DTS team was going to the bridges to do street ministry. I agreed to go and it was quite the experience.
It was a gray day to begin with and on the way to The Cleft it began to rain. I had forgotten to bring an umbrella (very unwise of me for this time of year) and was drenched by the time we reached the bridges.
I ended up holding an umbrella over me and a guitar player while we stayed on the bridge for over two hours worshipping. My body was quite miserable but inside my spirit was so lifted. It was exactly what I needed, so I have hope that we touched others passing by...whether by words or just creating an atmostphere of peace and love in the midst of some deep darkness.
That experience reminded me again of why I love ywam and why I am so excited about what will continue to happen while I am here.
The bridge ministry is just one of many of the things that The Cleft does in the Red Light district so I hope to have more unusual and beautiful sotries to share with you all soon.
muche love,
Michelle
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment