Friday, June 22, 2007

Singin' to the Pore

Here I am back in my beloved city of Amsterdam...it is gray and raining outside while I sit here on my bed with a lovely cup of tea. ahhh, I can't get much more content at this moment.


Some of you may wonder whatever happened to my candid promise to keep updating you since I disappeared for several weeks...
Well, let me assure you that my promise was genuine though my circumstances were unforesee-able.

I was in Singapore.

To be very quick in answering why: I had to run after Bas. To be honest in answering why: I had to run after Bas because he has a position as a bridge between Amsterdam and Singapore which will continue for an undetermined amount of time. This means a few months of each year he may be in Singapore. This also means that, as our relationship progresses, there is some connection for me there as well.

I spent three weeks in the busy, bustling, hot, and sticky city/state asking God what He had for me there. While there I helped in selling books for Landa Cope (speaker on living Old Testament principles in today's life=wise speaker, much respect for her!), preparing for a visiting DTS team from Australia, helping to host the DTS team, and ministering in the Singapore prison (same one I visited in December while there for our DTS).
Amidst all this I became frustrated by not hearing a clear reason as to any future involvement I could have at the base or in Singapore itself.
Fortunately, there are wise counselors and email in my life, so I was able to receive the message that maybe for this time what I am supposed to focus on (and enjoy) was my relationship with Bas. I knew God had told me to go to Singapore. I know there must be something there for my future, but, for those three weeks, what God needed me to do was to not stress about feeling future leadings. I do believe He will reveal all that when the time is right.

And it truly was a good time and place for us (Bas and I) to have a lot of time to talk and be together without the distractions of separate work and relationships that take up time and energy in Amsterdam.

So that, my friends is a quick explanation of my absence these past weeks. Hope you can understand.

As for now, I will go back to helping with renovations and a mosaic at the Tabernacle of the Nations.
I also plan to look into taking some Dutch classes provided they are not too costly. Otherwise I will try to teach myself by way of the Rosetta Stone CD-roms which I purchased while in the States.


I bid you each adeiu. Please let me know how you are as well.

much love,
Michelle

No comments: