Saturday, May 12, 2007

what's going on:

ok, now for what I am up to these days....

I went to The States for 2 1/2 weeks to visit friends and family. It was quite a busy time traveling here and there but I feel satisfied with all that I got done in that amount of time. For those of you I did not get to see, well, you are invited to come and see me anytime! Otherwise I hope to catch you the next time I am that side of the pond (no telling when that will be).

I got back to Amsterdam last Saturday. My father and stepmother came as well for a holiday and I have been showing them around the city and some neighboring cities (or rather Bas has been showing all of us since I have not visited many of the places outside the city that we went to).
My dad and stepmom then took me to Belgium for a few days. We rented a car w/ GPS (works pretty well but has some kinks which can be quite hilarious to watch the driver get peeved over) and drove to Antwerp, Brussels, and Brugge/Damme. Antwerp has an amazingly beautiful cathedral that is definitely worth stopping to see. Brussels is overrated though does have some pretty perks. Brugge was by far the highlight of the trip with all its quaint architecture and the great hotel we stayed at with friendly/homey staff. We took a day trip to nearby Damme by a paddle-wheel boat which was a unique and interesting trip.

They are now in Luxembourg for a few days then will come back to Amsterdam for couple days before heading back home.

Until September, when I will be staffing the next DTS, I will be working at The Tabernacle of the Nations (house of 24hour prayer and worship) helping with building renovations. Yup, I will be miss handywoman for a couple months involved in painting, sanding, drywall, tiling, and whatever else I can get my hands on to help with. I also plan to volunteer some days at The Cleft (also in the Red Light District) to either minister to the ladies in the windows or go to worship/pray/witness to people on the bridges (passersby).

I fully realize it has been far too long since my last posts so I apologize for not being better about general updates...I plan to be back on this blog thing again though so I will keep you posted.

I would really love to hear from you, too, so please drop me a line sometime.

Blessings to you all. Thank you so much for those of you praying for me regularly...please continue!

~Michelle

No comments: