Friday, October 13, 2006

through the wringer

I have been put through an emotional and spiritual wringer this week...and some of it has only just begun (email me for further details). It is all so very good though.

I continue to be surprised by how much the students have in thier lives that they are ready to be rid of but have not known how...they have a certain desperation that is beautiful (although many of them feel quite exasperated since they are not yet where they want to be...they can get there!).

Today we presented the outreach destinations to them to pray about over the weekend. On Monday, we will divide them into the teams. We as staff already know who we are co-leading with and where we are going. In case some student happens to stumble upon this blog, I will forgo giving those details, but I will tell you what the destination options are for them.
We will have 3 teams all starting with training together in Singapore. After a couple weeks, we will shoot out to: China, Cambodia, and Indonesia.
It is all so very exciting. I think I was more excited today presenting the options to the students than when I was a student myself! This is fun.

This week has been intense for all of us. I will tell you that just one of my highlights was last night. Each week we are having an open Wednesday class session for parents, friends, and the community to join in with us. Last night we had an evening session for only the students. Our teacher spoke on Wednesday about activating the gift of prophesy in our lives. Last night was a "practice" time (if that sounds offfensive or stange to you, ask me about it because it was actually quite nice. We were asked to pair up and pray for 3 minutes, asking God to give us an encouraging word for the other person. I was shocked by what the student I was paired with gave to me. God confirmed throuogh Him a prayer I had VERY recently prayed but had not shared with ANYONE. It made me laugh and smile...God just keeps affirming how very near to me He is at this time despite what else I may feel. And He can keep on doing just that...it makes me want to seek Him out all the more.

I was the week leader this week also which means I was leading class times, giving announcements, and being in charge of other various duties related to the school. I can't say that I enjoyed it, but I know it is good for me to be stretched in that area (as Bill has also done for me) to develop more leader qualities in me.

Two people made surprise visits to the base this week. One was from my DTS (Niels, specifically for those who know him...'push the button!') and the other was staff (not dts staff) on the base during my DTS (Shep-yes, he was wearing the black hoodie). It was nice to their familiar faces.

So, to sum it all up: it has been a great week. The prayer especially has been special, powerful, and changing for me...

liefs (love),
Michelle

No comments: