Tuesday, October 20, 2009

wear and tear

The IMI school (Intercessory Missionary Internship) has been going for a couple weeks now. Bas and I have had a bit of a struggle getting used to the new schedule= mornings in the prayer room from 9a-1p, afternoon meetings, and evening classes. That leaves just enough "free" time to whiz home on the bike, whip up some dinner, wash the dishes, then bike back for the class, then bike back home to sleep! We do get our exercise these days. :-)

But we really do enjoy the school and I especially am enjoying spending so much time in the prayer room. It can be difficult at times to stay for so many hours, but the benefits of intimacy are so good. I see how I am growing and I needed it!

Next month Bas will travel to Budapest, Hungary for a week to teach in a DTS, then at the end of November-beginning December he will be gone for 12 days (sniff, sniff) to Beijing to finish off the Korean DTS we worked with.
After that it is off to America to expose Bas to the over-stimulated American Christmas!! Ooohh, have I been craving one of those!

And then, for the coming year, we are prayerfully considering if doing a new DTS called "Fire and Fragrance" is for us. Fire and Fragrance stands for prayer and worship coupled together. It is what we are doing right now with the IMI, but then this would be together with a DTS. If we do this, it means first going to Hawaii for a couple months to catch the vision (they are already doing these DTS's there). That would mean in about June-July...I have to wait until I am finished with my integration courses. And then the DTS would be in September.
I will let you know what we decide.

Love you all!
Please pray for:
1. a laptop for us. Ours crashed and Bas needs one for his trip to budapest coming up!

2. finances. we are hurting again and still trying to raise more regular, monthly supporters to cover our budget.

Ok, that is all for now.
xoxo

No comments: