I am in orange country right now. The European football (that's soccer for all you American folks) tournament has begun and, therefore, the Royal (from the Dutch royal family) color orange must certainly be displayed on every available surface! They do a good job of it, too.
I, as many of you know, have always liked soccer so I welcome the hype and fun of it all.
I experienced my first true Oranje game on Friday night. Bas and I went to the local cafe to get a feel for our neighborhood. We picked a good place because the little place was packed with horn blowers, face paint wearers (who readily shared their paint with everyone present), orange feather boa clad ladies, and of course orange shirt bearers (I being one of them). I really like the place because it is family owned and all the neighbors are all chummy and friendly. It has a cozy feel to it. We were able to meet some of our neighbors so that added to the great time we had.
We plan to go back with some friends of ours from Den Haag (The Hague) for the next game tomorrow night...now I just need to start learning those silly songs they sing during the game so I can really blend in!!
Side note: As you can see, I have resurrected my blog. I plan to revamp it in the coming weeks with a new layout and pictures added and so forth. Nice, eh? We were fortunate enough to be able to get a new laptop while we were in America and we have wireless in our house, so I should be able to be more consistent than this last year!
xoxo
Michelle
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment