I have just returned (yesterday) from a most glorious weekend on the Dutch isle of Texel (pronounced: tesl). It was my first experience of being on a cold island, but I like it still.
We (staff) wanted to be able to spend some quality time together outside formality-where we could just enjoy each other as friends. Richard had a connection with a pastor who owned this vacation home, and we were able to rent it for a very modest price.
We had a lot of rest, tea and coffee times, flying kites on the beach, trying to rescue jelly fish and crabs which were already dead (that was me), and prayer together.
The beach was beautiful and once I got used to the fact that it was so cold, I really appreciated my surroundings.
This week's teachings are on our Destiny and Calling taught by an Armenian man. He is very humorous but also wise. He speaks 7 languages, and often during his speaking, he throws in very American phrases. AND he can make the french and indian accent while speaking English. I am amazed. It is like watching a stand-up comedian.
Tonight will be bitter sweet for me. It is the last of our small group meetings. From now on, Monday nights will be used for outreach preparation. I am excited to be with my outreach team, but I have also really enjoyed my time together with the small group.
I hope to have more information about outreach locations (cities/ministries) in the next couple days. I will write more then.
please keep your emails coming.
love you all.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment