Ok, so the plan was to take a nice little twenty minute hike up to the prospective property for the future base of YWAM Georgia...it's funny how twenty minutes morphs into one hour fifteen minutes of slipping around on muddy, slushiness in the biting cold wind...going up a steep hill, too. Can you tell I am trying to demand your sympathy? It truly was not horrible going up, but since everything I own is dirty, I did not have my hooded sweater on and the wind was whipping into my ears giving me a bad headache--that is when we were asked to pray for the property while walking around it.
Let's just say that prayer was not the first thing on my mind at that time. I do want very much for Dennis and his family to be successful here and for the YWAM base to grow, so I was able to get some good prayer time in after all. The Kiev team was with us also, and we had a good time sliding around with each other in the mud on the way down.
I was so happy to be back "home" at the hotel with a nice cup of tea in my hands, too. You see, tea really is the nectar of the gods. There is no time when it is not appropriate.
Oh, and here is something funny:
The first lady here is Dutch and Bas is absolutely determined that we will meet her and have a tea time with her followed by prayers of blessing for the country. He actually has several leads going for this so we will see if that happens...
We have not really started ministry here per se, so I am not sure what we will do on a more regular basis for the next 10 days we have here...we leave on the 13th by the way.
We had a team meeting this morning with prayer and a time of sharing frustrations. I do not have any personally, but it was good to hear what others are struggling with. We are a typical family with the petty quarrels and such going on so it is always good to check in with each other and see how everyone is doing.
I went to the Swan Lake ballet last night...remember how I went in Amsterdam? This one did not really compare as far as skill goes, but it was still quite lovely and I was glad to have the experience (and for only $4!).
Oh, guys I must go because my time is up. PLEASE email me! You know I love to hear from all you lovely ones!
Saturday, February 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment